• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1868- Isabel Porlag 10
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'm thinking this is a 1868. Was this once a noticed coin at one time. Looks like someone had fun with a BB gun lol. And if you look at the L in Porlag it looks doubled. 

20200902_112708.jpg

20200902_112803.jpg

It was drilled, not shot with a BB gun. So far as I can tell, that is meant to be a 10 escudo Spanish coin from 1868, but the problem is that an 1868 E10 is supposed to be gold, and that does not look at all like Spanish gold to me. It also has a certain basic minting crudity, which hardly computes with authenticity given that the Spanish were not exactly clods or noobs in the realm of coin striking. I wonder whether it might be a contemporary counterfeit that was once plated in gold, which has now all worn off. Good coin to point a microscope at the protected areas.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:20 PM, JKK said:

It was drilled, not shot with a BB gun. So far as I can tell, that is meant to be a 10 escudo Spanish coin from 1868, but the problem is that an 1868 E10 is supposed to be gold, and that does not look at all like Spanish gold to me. It also has a certain basic minting crudity, which hardly computes with authenticity given that the Spanish were not exactly clods or noobs in the realm of coin striking. I wonder whether it might be a contemporary counterfeit that was once plated in gold, which has now all worn off. Good coin to point a microscope at the protected areas.

I did some research, your right mines a replica it weigh 4.4. When it should weigh 8.2