• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me??
2 2

63 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2020 at 1:16 AM, kbbpll said:

"The fields are usually well struck, very clean and tend to come without any major nicks or scratches. "

But do come with some heavy die polish lines on both sides.  Something I find odd for something that is supposedly a "special striking" or first strikes from new dies.  Why would brand new dies have heavy die polishing lines?

Edited by Conder101

21 hours ago, VKurtB said:

But there CAN BE NO empirical evidence that at least God or ghosts exist. It is part of their very nature.

Why not?  We haven't found any , but that doesn't mean it doesn't or can't exist.

21 hours ago, VKurtB said:

I have seen and held in my very own hands the test strikes of a “new heretofore unknown stainless steel alloy” five cent piece, using the Martha Washington effigy and legends similar to the 2006-present nickel. Is there evidence in the documents?

Yes, in the biannual reports from the committee searching for replacement materials for the cent and five cent piece.  They have made test stikings with those dies for a half dozen or more different materials.

2 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

Why not?  We haven't found any , but that doesn't mean it doesn't or can't exist.

Yes, in the biannual reports from the committee searching for replacement materials for the cent and five cent piece.  They have made test stikings with those dies for a half dozen or more different materials.

I keep running into the project manager for the US Mint project from Carpenter Technologies at coin shows (FUN, etc.) and at the Daniel Boone (Reading, PA) and Red Rose (Lancaster, PA) coin clubs.