• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This BBC article might offer insights into coin collecting

5 posts in this topic

I really never run across any younger people that collect anything. My kids are in their 30's and their friends, that I know, don't collect things. They are all more interested in todays tech devices. Of course I collect coins, but I also collect vintage watches. Younger people, that I know, don't like going to junk shops, thrift stores, flea markets, etc..... Then you hear about people getting inherited something and the first thing they inquire about is how much can they sell it for. There are, of course, those few out there that like collecting but I think in another 30 yrs the antique era is gonna look a lot different. 

15 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

I really never run across any younger people that collect anything. My kids are in their 30's and their friends, that I know, don't collect things. They are all more interested in todays tech devices. Of course I collect coins, but I also collect vintage watches. Younger people, that I know, don't like going to junk shops, thrift stores, flea markets, etc..... Then you hear about people getting inherited something and the first thing they inquire about is how much can they sell it for. There are, of course, those few out there that like collecting but I think in another 30 yrs the antique era is gonna look a lot different. 

If you read the minutes from the 1915 ANA convention, they had a speaker who said literally the exact same thing. 

Over a hundred years ago. 

I'm not worried. 

54 minutes ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

If you read the minutes from the 1915 ANA convention, they had a speaker who said literally the exact same thing. 

Over a hundred years ago. 

I'm not worried. 

Today is much different than 100 yrs ago. Lol