• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1880 S Morgan
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Have poor eyesight, and I'm unable to see the doubling even on the examples that are shown, even with arrows pointed at them, vam this and vam that, I give up. I don't intend to get it graded, somewhere between AU50 and MS62, just a very common Morgan. Before I give this coin to a grandson, does anyone, if they have the time, see anything unusual or special about it. Thanks.

20200824_120457.jpg

20200824_121113.jpg

20200824_121332.jpg

20200824_122333.jpg

Just so you know coins don't have to have a VAM or be a double die to be beautiful to look at.  There are over 100 VAM's for this date/mm but only three are in the top 100 VAM's, yours is not one of the three and I don't have the patience to look thru all the others.  Enjoy the coin for what it is, a very attractive well made example. 

Without exceptionally better pictures - Just call it a VAM-2 Large "S" Upright and centered

Date is not doubled just a break in the tone around the date

AND give it away