• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SS REPUBLIC ROTATED DIE

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for opinions on the bottom coin in the photos, should I have the bottom one re-graded as a Rotated Die.  I was trolling E-bay when I found it, and I'm sure the seller didn't know what they had... A buy it now price below normal market value.  I was happy to have stumbled on it when I did.  I think that when these were originally unloaded to NGC in the quantities that were brought up from the ocean, NGC just tagged them and slabbed them as fast as they could.  Small details are easy to miss when your mass slabbing.

So, is it worth my time to re-grade?

All opinions are appreciated.

Steve

20200307_112640.jpg

REV ROTAT.jpg

If Mr. Lange does not see this (and another member does not know the answer) you might PM him directly, or re-post in the "ask NGC" section. I think there is a minimum number of degrees that NGC requires the coin to be rotated before they will note it on the slab.

Welcome to the forum :)

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That one is off about 30 degrees, which is not too unusual for 19th Century coins. It would have to be off at least 90 degrees to be worth noting.