• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1989 error dime

14 posts in this topic

Then ask your coin shop if they can explain how that could happen during the striking of a coin.

Better yet, ask him how much he will give you for it. Anything over a dime and your up on the deal.

Stay off Etsy when coin buying. The site is loaded with scammers, looking to take advantage of uneducated buyers.

All three of these dimes are damaged. They are worth 10 cents, unless you try to use them in a vending machine, or run them through a Coinstar machine, in which case they are worthless.

As soon as I saw a stupid price, I knew I'd see All Wetsy somewhere on there. They *spoon*.

Looks like something spat out after scrapping a car or appliance, bound for the mutilated coin redemption program. Consider that if any of these were a valuable "error", you could make as many as you want.

You are going to have to do a lot of research on your own  but if you think you have anything interesting or a question, post a picture of BOTH sides of the coin with a separate post for each coin. Also state what you want to know about the coin. There are many members here who are willing to help someone who is willing to learn.