• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NCS Submission Questions

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I recently submitted two orders to NCS.  It's been a few years since I last submitted there, and I have some questions.

The order was posted to My Submissions and the charges posted to my CC for the grading, imaging, order processing fee, and return shipping (less the ANA Special discount and my NGC credit).

So my questions:

1)  The status is "Scheduled for Grading" but I assume Conservation will happen before that  ;)

2)  I assume the NCS charges will post later?

3)  My CC charges for both orders are slightly off my computations.  It seems I was charged an extra $0.50 per coin somehow.

What did I miss?

Any comments appreciated.  Thanks.

• Administrator

Hi Pruebas,

Thank you.  Yes,  conservation will be before grading.  The coins are now being evaluated.  The charges will come at a later date once we have determined which coins will be conserved.  I am checking with accounting regarding the charges and I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Thank you,

Lisa

Thank you, Lisa!  Maybe some price increased since the forms were last updated?

I didn't submit the coins in capsules or anything that would cause an extra charge (so far as I know).

6 hours ago, LISA B said:

Hi Pruebas,

Thank you.  Yes,  conservation will be before grading.  The coins are now being evaluated.  The charges will come at a later date once we have determined which coins will be conserved.  I am checking with accounting regarding the charges and I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Thank you,

Lisa

Hi I have a question. Can I get my coin/s graded in person at a local NGS certified dealer?

Just now, Gabrielle BG said:

Hi I have a question. Can I get my coin/s graded in person at a local NGS certified dealer?

The dealer can give an opinion on the grade, but if you want them encapsulated by NGC, the answer is, "no." The dealer does not encapsulate them, but sends them to NGC to be certified. You can also submit them yourself, by becoming an ANA member, or a paid member of the Collectors Society.

• Administrator

Hello Pruebas,

You should contact Jim McClure in our accounting department regarding the charges. JMCCLURE@NGCCOIN.COM

Thank you,

Lisa

• Administrator

Hi Gabrielle,

Thank you.  Bob is correct. 

Once you do become a member, you would need to mail the order to us as we do not allow the public to the building for security reasons.

Thank you,

Lisa