• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

starting the TPG errors list...

8 posts in this topic

Friday trivia... 

purchased this novelty recently... Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? 

Hint. it's not the "Questionable Color"

we need a new list... the TPG errors list :-) 

1879 PCGS Genuine Questionable Color-AU Detail.png

Date dyslexia? Keep in mind, this slab went through a “quality control” step before being shipped out.

Edited by VKurtB

HA, new guy and I share more collecting habits.  xD  I picked up a similar item the other day just for the novelty.  1964-D Nickel in a 1964 (P) slab.  No real price difference but I thought it neat enough.

I hear NGC will re-slab the error if you ship it to them.  But in my case it'd be just another irrelevant coin in a holder at that point.

2 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Date dyslexia? Keep in mind, this slab went through a “quality control” step before being shipped out.

VKurtB - i think the only quality control that went on here was in accounting to figure out if they collected their $65 bucks.  CRAWTOMATIC--nah, it's more fun like this.  I'm starting a list--if we think like a TPG we can add 200% to the price for this--they will tell you how super rare this is... one of a kind...  :-)

1 hour ago, bernard55 said:

--if we think like a TPG we can add 200% to the price for this--they will tell you how super rare this is... one of a kind...  :-)

Why limit yourself? Think like an Etsy seller, and list it for $25,000. (And, I am not exaggerating. I saw a common Jefferson nickel with environmental damage listed on Etsy not long ago for $50k.)

How about the lightly circulated 1980 SBA dollar listed on eBay (not Etsy) for $10,000? Yes, it’s now been reduced to $9500, but still...

On 6/12/2020 at 2:15 PM, Just Bob said:

Why limit yourself? Think like an Etsy seller, and list it for $25,000. (And, I am not exaggerating. I saw a common Jefferson nickel with environmental damage listed on Etsy not long ago for $50k.)

I wonder if these people think these things are rare just because they personally have never seen one before or if they're just fishing for suckers.

8 hours ago, Revenant said:

I wonder if these people think these things are rare just because they personally have never seen one before or if they're just fishing for suckers.

Fishing for suckers. All greed.