• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1795 Offset Draped Bust

3 posts in this topic

Dear NGC,

I am a newbie member and have a fairly worn coin 1795 Bust Dollar that I question if it is real. Appears off set possibly a BB variety was hopeful for some forum comments prior to submission.   Coin weight 24 grams just shy of 26.8. Would that be a reasonable expectation falling within .02-.03% tolerance due to wear on coin? It is an unusual piece what checks can be performed prior to sending coin in to NGC? Thank you for your valuable time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Glen Elliott Shapleigh, Me

Bust Coin (1).jpeg

IMG_0275.JPG

Your photos are way out of focus, however this is such a bad fake that it can be called even with photos this out of focus.

Buf nailed it. We don't even need decent photos to recognize its inauthenticity. This is a heavily counterfeited/replicated coin and we see a couple a month. So congratulations on a properly suspicious eye--it just saved you some money and disappointment.