• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1958D new find RPM or the 005?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Idk if I've posted this one here before but my other Friends and I think it's super close to the RPM-005 in CONECA's Top 100 except that it is tilted a little more and is further away. Not to mention that mine doesn't have the Die Clash as a Marker. BUT if you bother to look at the 005 there are those bumps all around the date and MM and also are on my Coin. So idk what to do with it. General consensus is to send it in and we'll find out but it's hardly in an MS state so is worth 10 bucks top and by the time I pay to send it in that's 10 bucks too, sooo...But if it is a new find it could make it worthy. So what do my true experts here have to say? 

1584074840997~4.jpg

1584074840997~3.jpg

1584074840997~2.jpg

FB_IMG_1588666755639.jpg

13 minutes ago, KarenHolcomb said:

@Just Bob what makes you think it's not?

It just looks like damage to me.

Understand, of course,  that this is an opinion formed by viewing a picture taken from one angle, on a 2 inch by 4 inch screen. In hand, under different lighting and magnification, it may look completely different.

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

It just looks like damage to me.

Understand, of course,  that this is an opinion formed by viewing a picture taken from one angle, on a 2 inch by 4 inch screen. In hand, under different lighting and magnification, it may look completely different.

Well Bob. My picture is taken from above and straight down, sarcastic voice mode there.  There is a gigantic cut going down the entire left part of the D, but that's not involved with what I see as doubling. I am only seeing the top left corner. 

I looked at all of the known RPMs, and did not find one that I thought matched exactly. Are you going to try sending a picture to Wexler or Wiles to see if this is a new one? That would be cool, if I were wrong and it turned out to be the real thing. :)

Does "Sai" mean something?

Sai is like Sensai or Teacher. I picked it up years ago while reading Stephen Kings Dark Tower series. It is intended as a compliment. Sometimes it just seems appropriate. I hope you don't mind.

Yes, I believe I will send it in. I have about 20 or so people telling me I should. I would like to find a listing for the WRPM-040 but Wexler left it off his site and other than ones for sale on Brian's Variety I've been unable to find a listing with markers and stuff. It is similar though. And the 005 too but the distance from the 9 is different. It's an odd one for sure. It would be neat to find a new 50 one that has gone 50+ years without another being noticed. Still only a $5 coin though, so I will spend more to send it in. Lol! Such is life I suppose.

12 minutes ago, KarenHolcomb said:

It is intended as a compliment. Sometimes it just seems appropriate. I hope you don't mind.

Yes, I believe I will send it in.

Thank you.

And, good luck.