• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 w jefferson reverse. finally showed up. think its a good idea to these graded? I really like them.
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I would return that one for an exchange if possible, the rev looks to have a fingerprint in the upper field which might get worse with time.  As to your question I would just get an inexpensive air-tite and call it good but I'm sure that many of these will get send in for grading and encapsulation. 

I would be very careful about returning anything this year. May just get your money back and wind up without a Coin. Js. I've heard these Nickels are a hot commodity and with WP for all intents and purposes shut down, who knows if there will be any more struck.

I agree with Coinbuf on the 2nd part.

I would love to send both my Proof and Silver Sets back but am afraid whet I would get in return would either be even worse than what I have or would be a refund.

That depends on what you want to do with it, and why. I collect most modern stuff in Dansco albums. Pieces that are unlikely to ever have a "hole" in any future version of a Dansco album, I get encapsulated with NGC. Then when I "whip out" the collection, there are two things - a Dansco album or several, and a silver NGC box of NGC slabs. I know there is no hope of a positive financial return on having them graded, but it's more of a "neatness in presentation" thing for me. The one thing that could still happen is Dansco could make spots for them. They did for the 1996-W dime, after all.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:59 PM, Coinbuf said:

I would return that one for an exchange if possible

It looks like it has been removed from the original sealed plastic packaging? If so, fingerprint may not be from the mint. Blemish NE of "ty" catches my eye.

I love, love, LOVE mine! My Proof is gorgeous and flaw free but my RP not so flawless with multiple scratches. If they don't manage to get the Unc Sets out this year I will be highly disappointed. Having all 3 is important to me and if the RO wasn't so messed up I'd only have them graded as a set.