• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special thank you to the NGC staff.

6 posts in this topic

Just a quick note to express my gratitude for the grading staffs participation in the ANA grading seminar in Charlotte. I know you are all under siege with submissions, and I know teaching the classes must be very repetitive, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I really enjoyed the casual conversations re coin evaluations, with the coin example in hand. Truly instructive, and lots of fun.

Thanks all.

Hi DonHeath,

I would really love to go to one of those seminars someday. I took a couple of the ANA correspondence courses and they are very good, but it's not the same as having access to the actual coins and getting to pick the brains of the expert graders.

John

Examining the ANA grading set was fantastic, but doing it while getting expert guidance from Jim, Brian, and Alex made it far more meaningful.

That's what I mean. I conceder myself a pretty good grader, but it would be great to get insight from people who get to look at thousands of coins a year.

John

I definitely agree with you, Don. It was great to meet the graders and gain a lot of insight from them. I think everyone who wants to be serious about coins should go to one of these. Excellent!