• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 D over D value?

4 posts in this topic

1960 D/D Large Date VP-007 or VP-013 1c MS.  I am just looking for a value. I haven't been able to find anything. Looks like maybe the top part of the left D broke off. The round part of the left d is just visible inside the right d. Thanks 

WIN_20200428_21_24_11_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200428_21_36_29_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200428_21_34_21_Pro.jpg

Well lets start with what it is you have, first this coin is not a mint state coin but rather an AU coin as there is wear on the cheekbone and lower jawline and the rev also shows wear.  Second this is listed on Variety Vista as RPM-060 I have linked the page for you here. RPM - 060   There are a total of 113 RPM's listed but the only RPM's for this date that have significant value (that I'm aware of) is RPM - 001, and RPM - 100 (RPM - 100 is listed in the cherrypickers guide as FS-025.5).  There are 7 of the 1960 D/D RPM's in the top 50 and top 100 RPM's as listed on "the Lincoln Cent Resource" website but your coin is not one of those so there is little demand thus there is minimal added value.  If you go to the bottom of the page I linked you can find some population and valuation data, I don't know how up to date this data is but will give you some starting point.  I don't follow pricing for any of these types of coins but my guess from your photos is your coin grades AU55 or so and in that condition its value is around $2 at best.  However as this is a minor variety finding someone that is looking for an example of this RPM may be difficult to find.

Hey. That is awesome and greatly appreciated. I didn't think would increase the value much(although hoping) but definitely good information. I have all these odd coins that I think was somebody's collection of die varieties. Morgan's and peace dollars and I've picked up others like that cent and a few others. Also a large date 58 flying eagle with ddo but only xf. This one I can't find anything either. I hope to increase my library. I have some of my coins listed in the registry. Thanks again.