• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1999 gold eagles real or fake?

8 posts in this topic

Not much to do lately, just stay at home, every day. Thanks for posting, it's beautiful, I just keep staring at it. You know a little more than nuttin, you know an eye catching coin when you see one. 

I'm surprised you have a local dealer that is open under the current conditions; the coin looks fine but you could weigh it if your concerned.  I don't have the correct weight handy but I'm sure you could google it.  $50 over spot is not a screaming deal but not a hose job either.

18 minutes ago, ronnie stein said:

Not much to do lately, just stay at home, every day. Thanks for posting, it's beautiful, I just keep staring at it. You know a little more than nuttin, you know an eye catching coin when you see one. 

well turns out, Me and my wife are "essential" workers. So were actually busier than ever But I figured with all the economy issues going on, might as well diversify from silver and get a little gold just in case. thanks for checking it out. 

8 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

I'm surprised you have a local dealer that is open under the current conditions; the coin looks fine but you could weigh it if your concerned.  I don't have the correct weight handy but I'm sure you could google it.  $50 over spot is not a screaming deal but not a hose job either.

He's a coin dealer that has had a store in my town since before I was born. He "don't give a S@#$ about no corona" his words. lol. I actually screwed up and ordered 2 half ounce gold bars from apmex an they were almost $200 over spot for the very little gold they had in stock. So for me it was shockingly low. lol 

$50 over spot is OK for gold at these levels and given tight coin supply.....make sure this guy also BUYS THEM BACK at a decent price if/when you need to sell them.  My LCS gave me fair prices, I think the actual bullion price, so I don't mind him making a few $$$ on the sale to me. (thumbsu