• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

are these coins and what kind are they..

4 posts in this topic

The one with the hole is a chinese one cash coin, appears to be genuine.  With a little work I could give therough date range and the mint but I don't have the time for that at the moment.  The bottom two a very poor modern fakes of a pruta of Judea, the "widows Mite" mentioned in the bible.  The top two are a very poor fake ancient coin that either Readers Digest or Publishers Clearinghouse used in a promotion decades ago.

thank you. it makes sense since my mom was very big into clearinghouse. lollol and big time into religion. . I can now give them away to my nephew with the understanding that they're fake. but still pretty cool.. 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The word COPY stamped into one of them was a clue. This was applied in conformance with the Hobby Protection Act of 1973, and it reveals that the coin was made for educational or entertainment purposes and not to deceive anyone.