• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC registered coin marketplace - database

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm looking for an online marketplace to list my NGC slabbed coins. Is there an existing database that I can enter my NGC registry numbers into to create an inventory? Is there an existing database that would associate my coins and grades with current marketplace values? I'm not the only one that collects specifically NGC slabbed coins. I like the idea of making my coins available to a marketplace, selling them and then looking for replacements. Any thoughts?

Yes and no, you can use the NGC registry to enter your coins into your inventory, this can be done without ever creating a registry set.  Here is a link to the registry NGC registry, after you register your profile and add your NGC (and PCGS if you wish) coins to your inventory each coin will be displayed in your coin inventory and include the NGC price guide price for that coin/mm/grade.  Remember that the NGC guide is just that a guide and the real marketplace value does in many instances vary due to factors such as a CAC bean, or exceptional color, and other reasons.

The registry is not a marketplace and you cannot sell directly from there, you can however sell and buy here on the coin marketplace.  You can even start a custom registry set and place the coins you want to sell into that set and then start a thread here in the marketplace and link your for sale set.  Just be sure to read the marketplace rules about the requirement for prices, photos, and not bumping your threads constantly.

The price guide that NGC links to on the registry almost always gives prices that are about 50% above market so I never really trust them. Just FYI.