• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little help here on this one please, 2015 Lincoln
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Found this one in bank roll last night. At first I glance I thought it was simple PMD. However, under magnification you can see the very visible die scratches (if that’s the proper term) are clearly present across the entire surface if I’m seeing that correctly. It’s also odd that the reverse has nearly a perfect oval “good spot” revealing a partial shield post. Also has a cud at about the 5 o’clock position on the obverse. Thanks for your comments. 
-Greg

34AF1B40-B843-46BC-BD68-D399CD24545B.jpeg

F25FDD09-6561-4598-93D1-BBC5BA87D12C.jpeg

Edited by Greg Bradford

👍. Thanks Coinbuf. One day...... just one day I’m determined to find something that’s going to make everyone’s jaw drop.... LOL. I know even if the coin in this link was a die error it’s not like I’d found  a 55 or 58 true DD, haha......keep on looking!!!!👍

1 hour ago, Greg Bradford said:

Found this one in bank roll last night. At first I glance I thought it was simple PMD.

Your "first glance thought" was correct.

👍. It was just that what I believed to be the die scratches threw me off on this one. Whoever did the damage to the coin did a very good clean and neat job might I add. Lol

Or should I say “die polish” markings. I’m learning..... bear with me. And thank you all for your teaching and wealth of knowledge you supply. 

You  were right when you said scratches, they are not die polishing marks which are done at the mint.  Looks like someone has sanded it down with a sanding block which accounts for the straight lines in different directions.