• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New help

18 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Forum.

What do you need help with?

Please describe what you are seeing as an error. In order to help you, you have to give us some guidance as to what to look for.  It is also recommended that you show both sides of the coin when posting.

Edited by Greenstang

I don't see any ring. If what you are referring to is the line running through the T, then that is just plating bubbles.

Remember, in order to be an error, it has to happen during the striking of the coin. Anything that happens after that is just considered damage.

5 minutes ago, Bryan23 said:

See right about the B 

That's not a mint error. It's post-mint damage that is detrimental, not advantageous. Fortunately the coin's value cannot drop below $0.01.

The circular mark that your asking about in the left field area is damage from a counting machine, these machines have a large wheel that spins and if a coin gets trapped against it by other coins the wheel will cause this type of damage.

I am very new to this but I have a bunch of coins that I want to ask questions about so bare with me.... I will upload some in a few if you guys don't mind helping me out

3 minutes ago, Bryan23 said:

I am very new to this but I have a bunch of coins that I want to ask questions about so bare with me.... I will upload some in a few if you guys don't mind helping me out

People don't mind, but here's a suggestion: first read your way through a number of threads asking about errors, and see how those went. The odds are very high that you will learn enough that way to answer many of your own questions. This will save you significant amounts of time and trouble taking, cropping, and posting photos.

To avoid confusion, please start a new post for each coin. And as previously stated, tell us what your question is and show both sides of the coin right side up. We need information  as you don't even state what year that Lincoln is. 

5 hours ago, Greenstang said:

To avoid confusion, please start a new post for each coin. And as previously stated, tell us what your question is and show both sides of the coin right side up. We need information  as you don't even state what year that Lincoln is. 

Here's another reason to start a new thread for each coin (but please only one): some of us do not read most of the threads. Some read very few. Some read none except those that describe a coin or question that interests them. For example, I'm mostly an ancients and world coin guy. I mostly ignore threads titled "1969-S DDO am i now rich and can retire? i think its MS-71" because I have a low stupid tolerance quotient. Some people on here choose to go and shame those, and some answer them with patient tolerance, but I for one don't have the time. However, it's also because I'm not very knowledgeable. You want your thread to draw readers who hopefully can and will answer your question, and the title is key to that.