• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Proof Set
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I Just received my 2020 proof set from the Mint. Another beautiful job by the people working there. All though the always seem to fall a little short on their thanking things out. This time they included the 2020 W proof Nickle, in a sealed plastic bag. no way for a collector to put it in any kind of protective holder and keep the original mint packing. When they did the cent last year they put it in cellophane, it is almost like they do not want us to keep them ( the W coins) in pristine condition. I have proof sets and mint sets for the past 60 years and can tell that little scratched and thing appear when the coins are stored in bags or cellophane no matter how careful you are.

I believe they are calling it a complimentary coin 

There for we can't complain

If they passed out gold bars for free someone would complain 

Check out the host they protect such coin but I'm guessing alot will send them in for just such reason 

@B.C yes they call it complimentary but you have to buy the proof set to get them. I was just thinking if the bag was like a zip lock we could keep the coin safer. As for the gold bars they are to heavy and shine a bit too much. :roflmao: Just so you know that is one of my favorite sayings about people complaining.