• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 D Penny, Error?

13 posts in this topic

No, the shoulders on the date and mintmark are mechanical or machine doubling, as BC has said. The coin is doubled, it's just not doubled in a way that makes it valuable. You want to look for doubling that makes you think you're having a stroke; the valuable doubled coins are really apparent in most cases.

1 hour ago, Reme84 said:

Is this coin valuable?

063AC98D-942E-4CC9-BEE4-CDA1554B10DE.jpeg

Ok this one is worth a bit more then the original photo it's not a TRUE  double die but it appears it's a slight broad strike if I'm seeing it correct it's got a bit of eye appeal sorry don't have a value for you on this one not alot but some 

Look at my recent pictures I had someone on here tell me before it was broad struck and maybe partial struck. The title was “too many errors to list” on recent picture up load. I was just curious from a different group if the answer would be the same.

15 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

The second coin looks broadstruck.

My dad would have asked how you can tell the gender of the person who ran the striking press. xD

2 hours ago, Reme84 said:

Look at my recent pictures I had someone on here tell me before it was broad struck and maybe partial struck. The title was “too many errors to list” on recent picture up load. I was just curious from a different group if the answer would be the same.

I'm in the broadstruck camp.

@VKurtB now that the strike is automated via computer, what would your dad say?