• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 penny doubling error
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I'm checking out this new scope pretty cool though. Anyways I was going through some of my 65s and the closest one I find is the 65 in date doubled. Looks the same on variety vista. But would that be MD. When coins are through circulation and wear, it's obviously going to look doubled. I might be wrong idk. Hmmm. 

20200119_104747.jpg

20200119_105923.jpg

20200119_105857.jpg

What's funny is, the reverse looks doubled or if tripled. If you zoom in on the second T. You can see it in the top left corner. Pretty interesting. 

20200119_160448.jpg

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

I think that looks good for the DDO, the rev just looks like strike doubling to me.  Nice find.

Thanks, my first DDO. Ow I'm gonna show it off to everyone. Lol awesome. :headbang:

Question, if I want to start sending coins in to get authenticated, can I leave them in a 2x2 cardboard flip. Or do I need to have a special flip.

11 hours ago, Hinkle said:

Question, if I want to start sending coins in to get authenticated, can I leave them in a 2x2 cardboard flip. Or do I need to have a special flip.

You may find unless you have an extreme rarity it may not be cost effective to do so.. 

Mark it on the 2x2 DOO and version # and start a nice 2x2 book with all your findings. IMHO

I would second  the advice given by @jgrinz finding a DDO/DDR is cool but that doesn't automatically translate into a payday.  Most DD's carry little to no premium when selling so do your homework and look at auction prices for similar coins to see if it makes sense to submit.  This is also an area where for the lesser DD's you might want to consider using ANACS, they are cheaper than the big 2 and you will get the same attribution service.