• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello everyone! looks like I have a horizontal d. should I clean or leave it?

7 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2020 at 9:38 PM, Bink2090 said:

thank you. wasn't sure if I should leave the gunk around the D so you could see it better.

Never clean coins. Is bad.

Never cleaning coins is like never drawing to an inside straight, or never walking around with a round in the chamber, or never buying a bankruptcy stock. There are a few people who should situationally disregard the blanket guidance; they know who they are. Anyone who has to ask anyone else is not one of those few; in those cases, the answer is automatically that they should just follow the blanket guidance.

Don't feel badly. I'm not one of those few on coins. I too should just follow the blanket guidance.

42 minutes ago, JKK said:

Don't feel badly. I'm not one of those few on coins. I too should just follow the blanket guidance.

How would one acquire that skill though? Cut your teeth on worthless old common dates so it's no big deal if you wreck it?

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

How would one acquire that skill though? Cut your teeth on worthless old common dates so it's no big deal if you wreck it?

That's how people do it. Sometimes they have mentors, but the people who can do that at a high level don't write books about how to compete with them. They say "you have to pay to play," and it's true.