• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on Appearance Review.

3 posts in this topic

I just got a 2000-P NGC MS69 Sacagawea Dollar today in the mail. It has a very light, but large and very noticable thumbprint accross the reverse. I don't think its an MS69 as such. Should I send it through appearance review, or should I go directly through NCS. Also, can NCS safely remove such contaminations from the surface of these highly reactive Sac dollars?

Coinman,

It's unlikely that the print was noticeable when your Sac was graded. Sometimes prints take days or even weeks/months to show up. If the print is "fresh" it can be easily removed in most cases. Please send it back A/R (Appearance Review) and note the problem. From what I have seen NCS has done a great job with modern proofs (and mint states) but I would suggest you contact them directly for more information.

John