• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholdering and Special Labels

6 posts in this topic

If I want to reholder a few coins in new scratch-resistant holders, will they retain their special labels even if I'm not a bulk submitter? Should I notate this on the invoice or will they automatically be printed on the same label stock as they currently have? Thanks!

11 minutes ago, LISA B said:

Thank you.  What special label are you speaking of?

I have various special labels (for example the 2009 Bicentennial Lincolns, the Anniversary Eagle sets (20th, 25th), etc) where the slabs are scuffed and scratched (never understand how dealers handle these to get them so scratched up so quickly!) and I was thinking about sending in a batch for scratch-resistant reholding, but wanted to make sure these would retain the special labels despite it not being a bulk submission.

On 1/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, Lastufka Collection said:

(never understand how dealers handle these to get them so scratched up so quickly!)

I've seen some holders scratched to a degree that was really quite shocking to me but that's been mostly coins in older gen holders and the holder is 25 years old. I've never seen a more modern holder with the prongs that was scratched to hell. I don't know when the upped the scratch resistance.

I have a Zimbabwe note in a PMG holder that is horribly scratched, but the holders always do their jobs and the note / coin is safe - many years later.