• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More purchases... Very originally toned 1893 MS64 Columbian and 1949-D MS65 BTW

8 posts in this topic

My other two purchases from the GSNA show... both from yesterday smile.gif

The first coin won in the challenge to be photographed--the scratches on the slab made it nearly impossible to show lustre and color without a glare, hence the three images... the reverse just didn't cooperate at all... it's got lustre a bit weaker than the obverse, with darker color. Regardless, very original smile.gif If you need to, defer to commemdude, who saw it in hand... it's one of those coins where an image just can't replace holding it. PCGS MS64

pcgs30034012_obv1_sm.jpg

pcgs30034012_obv2_sm.jpg

pcgs30034012_obv3_sm.jpg

pcgs30034012_rev_sm.jpg

Not too much to say about this BTW... just a very appealing coin with fantastic lustre and a touch of color. Looks a lot nicer than the average, ugly-toned BTW. ANACS MS65

anacs596562_obv_sm.jpg

anacs596562_rev_sm.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Jeremy

both are above average eye appeal and extremely historical

value coins

all make a great combo in this current numismatic marketplace thumbsup2.gif

My other two purchases from the GSNA show... both from yesterday smile.gif

The first coin won in the challenge to be photographed--the scratches on the slab made it nearly impossible to show lustre and color without a glare, hence the three images... the reverse just didn't cooperate at all... it's got lustre a bit weaker than the obverse, with darker color. Regardless, very original smile.gif If you need to, defer to commemdude, who saw it in hand... it's one of those coins where an image just can't replace holding it. PCGS MS64

Not too much to say about this BTW... just a very appealing coin with fantastic lustre and a touch of color. Looks a lot nicer than the average, ugly-toned BTW. ANACS MS65

Hope you enjoy!

Jeremy

Is there some reason you don't get it re-holdered?

Jonathan

The Columbian looks real special. I must say you do a very good job of finding nice original coins in grades that will not break the bank. You have a great eye for quality and value. Nice Job ! Nothing but upside from here.

Nice coins - and I'd definitely send the Columbian Expo to be reholdered. Had to do that with a few PCGS and NGC slabbed coins recently and it was quite worth it.

Hoot

Glad you guys like them... especially the Columbian smile.gif

I'm not sure if I'll reholder it, or send it to NGC/re-grade at PCGS. I've had a few tell me it's got a good chance at 65, where the value more than triples. I'll show it to some people in a few weeks to get advice.

Jeremy