• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graded or marked details)

5 posts in this topic

OK so this is probably a dumb question but looking for some advice please...   I have a 1798 Large Cent that I want to have graded but it has a little bit of green stuff (like you see on older statues) in a couple of spots.  Assuming this is what it is, will this be graded or marked details?   I don't want to pay to submit if latter??    

Appreciate any thoughts..

Thanks

Yes, it probably will be details graded. Environmental Damage. IF, and there's no way to know for sure, but if their conservation service can stabilize it, then PERHAPS it can be straight graded, but there's no way to know without sending it in.

Edited by VKurtB

Most likely it will not straight grade with any sort of green verdigris or whatever on the coin; you might want to consider using the NCS conservation service then grade.  Its still not guaranteed  that using the NCS will result in a straight grade but the chances are better.