• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 liberty

6 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Greenstang said:

We could probably give a better opinion if we saw the Obverse as well as the Reverse.

That reverse of the half dollar is rather confusing as to it's significance to the 41 dime.

Um the obverse side is the primary side of the coin( front) correct? I'm feeling very dumb at the moment..I posted both sides I thought...idk. My phone may have messed up..

Um the obverse side is the primary side of the coin( front) correct?

Correct but you still have to see both sides to be able to grade. (Sorry, I had it the wrong way around on my first post.)

Sometimes the other side may be worn more or damaged which will affect the grade.

Edited by Greenstang

Answering Lisae's question: If that coin were up in a coin club auction, and I needed one for my set, which I don't, I would absolutely go to $20, and depending what it looked like in the hand, I might go as high as $32.50. Differences too small to be seen in pictures can have a VAST effect on the price I will pay. It's why I virtually never buy coins online, and use in-person auctions almost exclusively.

Edited by VKurtB

I really appreciate yalls insight n advice... you see better details then I do...but I'm slowly learning..it's hard to get accurate info online..so thank u for taking time out to reply to what may seem to be a dumb question sometimes..lol..