• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom set migration to the new look registry
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Are there any updates as to a time frame when the custom sets will be included into the new look registry?  Its been almost a full year since the new registry look was added.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:27 PM, BfloGrl said:

The NGC registry is planning to add Custom Registry sets in a future release, however, we do not have a date for the release.

The last time I asked this, in September, this was the response I got. 

Seriously, what sorta company releases half a product, and one that's only half-featured at that? 

@physics-fan3.14 I think we all agree that it is taking longer than expected, especially NGC.  Did you read this article?

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190808005907/en/Certified-Collectibles-Group-Files-Lawsuit-Alleging-Tens

It looks like their contractor is not keeping up with schedule or cost (shocker). They are 100% aware how things are going and there's not much they can do about it but carry on.

I think the recent actions are good signs that NGC is trying their best to make a good product, albeit is taking a long time to see.  I think they need more positive feedback, honestly.

1 hour ago, BlakeEik said:

@physics-fan3.14 I think we all agree that it is taking longer than expected, especially NGC.  Did you read this article?

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190808005907/en/Certified-Collectibles-Group-Files-Lawsuit-Alleging-Tens

It looks like their contractor is not keeping up with schedule or cost (shocker). They are 100% aware how things are going and there's not much they can do about it but carry on.

I think the recent actions are good signs that NGC is trying their best to make a good product, albeit is taking a long time to see.  I think they need more positive feedback, honestly.

Yes, I read that announcement many months ago. 

Honestly, the problems with NGC have been three-fold:

First, they've been scammed as described in that article. I feel bad for them. It sucks. I can forgive them for that. 

Second, they made a terrible choice to convert the forum software to this absolute garbage we currently have. This is, without question, the absolute worst forum software I've ever seen on any forum in my 20 years of being on forums. That's their fault, and has nothing to do with the problems mentioned in that article. 

Third, they made a series of absolutely abysmal business decisions about 2-3 years ago that completely alienated many formerly-loyal members. This is a leading cause of the death of these forums, and was reversed just today with a misleading announcement about "upgrades" and "new features" to the Registry. 

The only area which might questionably be impacted by that announcement is the impact on the so-called "New" Registry. I have no idea if the release of that half-featured "update" and it's lack of Custom sets, and the simultaneous operation of new-and-old Registries (which is absolutely ludicrous) was impacted by this company and it's lack of support. If so, then it really sucks for NGC... but they should have known at the time of the release of the "new" registry that it would have problems. And, even more, they should be honest with us about the impacts of schedule delays, and that we might not actually ever see the fully featured "new" registry. 

Basically NGC got greedy when they decided to no longer allow pcgs coins, they pissed off so many collectors who couldn't add any of their pcgs new purchases

so when so many people left the forum they decided its better to re allow pcgs coins

whoever is making these business decisions for them should be fired at once

1 hour ago, roy herbst said:

Basically NGC got greedy when they decided to no longer allow pcgs coins, they pissed off so many collectors who couldn't add any of their pcgs new purchases

so when so many people left the forum they decided its better to re allow pcgs coins

whoever is making these business decisions for them should be fired at once

I think it's a privately held company and I think the people making those decisions are pretty "high up the chain." I think the president of the company even wrote an article / letter in 2017 justifying and defending the decision to pull the PCGS coins. I don't think they'll be firing themselves any time soon - but it's just a guess. ;) Aren't we all greedy though? lol

I think we'll still be arguing about whether those PCGS coins should be allowed here or not is something we'll all be debating and arguing about until there's no more registry to argue about. Lots of people with lots of strong opinions.

On 12/13/2019 at 3:24 PM, Coinbuf said:

@Ali E.  Is there any official update available?

I suspect a lot of their effort (the effort that isn't being derailed by Covid-19) is going to be focused on the launch of the ANA Registry. We might see a few new features roll out concurrently with the launch of that Registry but I'm not going to be expecting much before then. Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, roy herbst said:

I seriously doubt that the number of people who left or stayed on this forum had much to do with the decision to allow PCGS coins back into the registry.

59 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I suspect a lot of their effort (the effort that isn't being derailed by Covid-19) is going to be focused on the launch of the ANA Registry. We might see a few new features roll out concurrently with the launch of that Registry but I'm not going to be expecting much before then. Just my 2 cents.

If you check the dates my post was from last December before the announcement of the ANA registry lol  old thread alert!

6 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I seriously doubt that the number of people who left or stayed on this forum had much to do with the decision to allow PCGS coins back into the registry.

Totally agree, in fact I doubt it had anything at all to do with it, that change was driven solely by the rollout of the ANA registry.

7 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

If you check the dates my post was from last December before the announcement of the ANA registry lol  old thread alert!

yeah... Didn't look close enough at that. Lol