• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 S 1oz silver enhanced reverse proof silver eagle coin

12 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I am new to coin collecting. So mid November, as you all know, the US MINT sold out of the 2019 S 1 oz enhanced reverse proof silver eagle coin. So today I get

a ALERT from APMEX stating that there will be another 30,000 mintage for the same coin coming from the US MINT but sold at APMEX? Guess what I am trying to

understand, it will not be as valuable as the first 30,000 minted, but is it worth investing into? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Teardrop

Seems like you either read it wrong or it's a scam. Post the exact text here and the exact address where it came from. Was is email, text, twitter, what?

I received this ALERT on my phone just stating there will be more 2019-S 1 oz enhanced reverse proof silver eagles (w/box and COA). So I went to APMEX and looked it up and there it is. States there will be a 30,000. mintage and that it comes in packaged in US MINT Box with certificate of authenticity. So it is out on the AMPEX site as an alertme!

I think the alert notice possibly referred to the "morning after" offerings the mint does to sell of the cancelled and credit card declined pieces,  The information he found on the APMEX website sounds like the announcement about the initial mint offering, not a second 30,000 coins.

Edited by Conder101

I’m new to coin collecting as well and I also purchased this coin directly from the Mint. What would be the best route for me to take to have it graded? I want to do whatever is best. Thanks!

I am also new to collecting. I was able to get this coin as well from the mint but would like to know if I should get this graded or not? Especially as a first release or early release. I only have a few days left to make a decision. Can anyone please advise to best choice or opinion as to which option is best?

Thanks,

On 11/30/2019 at 3:15 AM, Coinn said:

I’m new to coin collecting as well and I also purchased this coin directly from the Mint. What would be the best route for me to take to have it graded? I want to do whatever is best. Thanks!

Congratulation on being lucky enough to get the coin.  If you are starting a coin collection you may have one of the best starter coins for under $75 that someone could get. I would not tell you to or not to get a coin graded. What I would say is that getting it graded can help keep it in the condition you got it in. If you look about 10% of the coins have been sent in for grading at this time.  I personally sent mine in for grading, it may be the best coin in my little collection. I plan to pass my collection down when that time comes so I want things to be in as good of condition as when I got them.

Rummy13,

Thank you for your feedback. I bought this coin for my 10 year old daughter. We both just started and she loves collecting with me. Collecting coins is something that we can spend quality time together. I plan on holding on to it until she is old enough to make a decision on what to do with it.  

Charles

23 minutes ago, Charles007 said:

Rummy13,

Thank you for your feedback. I bought this coin for my 10 year old daughter. We both just started and she loves collecting with me. Collecting coins is something that we can spend quality time together. I plan on holding on to it until she is old enough to make a decision on what to do with it.  

Charles

That is great. I was about that old when my dad use to have the kids,(there was 5 of us) go though coins with him.  Now I am 60+ years old and do the same thing with my nieces and nephews.  It has made a 3 generation coin collection. It may not be any thing great but I can bet there is no other collection made with as much love and fun,