• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand new box of 2019 Pennies ?

3 posts in this topic

I was wondering when the mint was going to release a certain coin into circulation that we should be keeping an eye out for . Was it the 2019 S penny ? Or is it the 2019 W penny that's offered for free when you buy a set from the mint , Or something else ?

Can't seem to find anything on this as i have a brand new box of 2019 pennies from the bank i opened and don't know if i should go threw them or not ? For errors and rare coin if its released .

Since the W cent is ONLY with the uncirculated set, there won't be any of those. Rather than hunt for errors (a bad coin), why not hunt for exceptional mark-free coins (unusually GOOD coins)? Full cartwheel or even proof-like luster with a strong full strike and no sign of miscellaneous hits or marks. THAT is what numismatics once was, not this quasi-maniacal search for imperfection, but rather for near-perfection.

The W coins to pick from 2019 circulation are quarters, not cents.

Edited by VKurtB

2 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Since the W cent is ONLY with the uncirculated set, there won't be any of those. Rather than hunt for errors (a bad coin), why not hunt for exceptional mark-free coins (unusually GOOD coins)? Full cartwheel or even proof-like luster with a strong full strike and no sign of miscellaneous hits or marks. THAT is what numismatics once was, not this quasi-maniacal search for imperfection, but rather for near-perfection.

The W coins to pick from 2019 circulation are quarters, not cents.

So the circulated  W coins are the Quarter's i thought it was the Cents . Thank you for clearing that up for me VKurtB . Also i think i will take your advice and pick the exceptional coins out rather than the hunt for errors or bad coins . Sounds like fun to me . Although a scope 10x would be nice . I'll have to pick one up . Any certain kind of equipment you guys use to look at coins or handle them ?