• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Economy grading

8 posts in this topic

I sent 2 batches away to NGC on 2-10-03...economy...how much longer will it take to get 'em? Will they notify me when they finish the grading? Twowood confused.gif

The trouble with the economy service from the three major slab services is that it takes a long time. If the market is active as it is now you can wait and wait and wait and ..... wait.

Even the normal service is backed up for PCGS. I sent in a group of coins under the "15 day" offering on February 6. It's now March 20, and I'm yet to get the coins graded. Since this is the NCG forum I guess I'm allowed to say that the dealer that I use to submit coins got the usual PCGS customer service, namely NOTHING, when they tried to find out what was going on. PCGS acknowleged that they had the coins, and said they might get around to grading them in a day or two.

I'm thinking that PCGS may have seen the last of me at least when it comes to submissions. NGC as been prompt, and their grades, with one exception, have been fairer.

Hi Twowood,

I have found NGC's economy tier to be very close to the estimated 21 day turnaround. But you do have to take into account the extra time it takes for postage both ways.

I live in New York and have had it take more than a week for registered mail to make it to FL.

John

I use the economy service most of the time. I've found that my orders are graded and shipped within the 21 business day time frame ( 30 regular days), getting them back to me in 33-35 days because of mail.

Andy laugh.gif

I have fair luck with NGC in the economy tier - less than 30 days turn-around. With PCGS, my last economy submissions are pushing 60 days. When I use that tier with either service, I try hard to forget I sent the coins in, so when I receive them back, I'm delightfully surprised! laugh.gif Nothing like the powers of denial! tongue.gif

Hoot

Yes, I tend to forget about the coins when I send them in on the economy service also. BUT when I pay for full 15 day service and send in some really choice material, I get nervious when I don't hear anything for weeks.

I"ve come to the conclusion that PCGS is NOTcustomer friendly.

I submitted three invoices today at the show, so I can't wait to see how I did versus what I graded. Saw one of the graders who instructed us and showed him one coin I selected. He thought it looked great. smile.gif