• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1795 flowing hair dollar plug?

2 posts in this topic

Hello  I have a 1795 flowing hair dollar. It looks to me it has a plug . It is graded by NCS but does not state if there is a plug..  My question is , if in fact it is with a plug, would that automatically  be added to the detail portion on the graded coin ?

thanks all

BW

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

1794 and 1795 half dollars can come with a mint-made plug at their centers. Here's an example:

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/united-states/half-dollars/flowing-hair-half-dollars-1794-1795/819067/

NGC does not attribute either the Overton variety or the mint-made plug unless a coin is submitted for VarietyPlus service. You may send in your coin for VP service at just $15 plus shipping and the usual $10 handling charge. Be sure to note that you're looking for the plug attribution in addition to the Overton variety.