• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943 P war nickels

8 posts in this topic

I've searched and searched to no prevail.I'm sure someone here can help lead me in the right direction of how to verify if the warrior I've presented is possibly a transitional error containing no silver?

20191107_204412.jpg

20191107_204357.jpg

Since the weight of the silver alloy war nickels and the copper/nickel coins is the same, that is obviously not going to tell you anything. The only was to know for sure is to have the metal content tested.

Little light in color (but that may be the imaging) but it looks like a typical silver war nickel to me.  As just Bob say specific gravity or XRF gun testing is going t be the only way to know for sure.

2 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Little light in color (but that may be the imaging) but it looks like a typical silver war nickel to me.  As just Bob say specific gravity or XRF gun testing is going t be the only way to know for sure.

Thank you

On 11/8/2019 at 12:57 PM, Conder101 said:

The light color may be due to a past cleaning. The range of colors on warnicks is huge.