• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PNNA/Willamette Coin Club Show, 11/2 and 11/3, Portland, OR

2 posts in this topic

If you're going to be in Portland that weekend, come and check us out. This is our 15th annual show and it uses up the whole ballroom at the Doubletree next to Lloyd Center (one block from a Max stop, thus accessible from most places in the three-county area). Last year I counted about six dealers heavy with ancients and this year I am loaded for bear. The Penny Lady often shows up, as does the Colonel. Admission is $2, YNs free. (Even kids who have yet to become YNs are still free.)

In addition to the exhibits and vendors, we have YN activities at the show. Our club leadership has gone all out to reach out to YNs and nowadays, of forty people at a meeting, five are YNs. When I first joined, a YN was the VP. While predominantly male in demographics, a small but growing percentage of girls and women could tell you that this is definitely not just a boys' club.

The hard details:

• Friday, November 1: early bird, 3 PM to 6 PM, $25 special admission (same for 8 AM to 10 AM Saturday and 9 AM to 10 AM Sunday)
  • Saturday, November 2: 10 AM to 6 PM
  • Sunday, November 3: 10 AM to 4 PM
  • Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
  • 1000 NE Multnomah St
  • Portland, OR 97232

For more information see our club's webpage. If you live here and have not checked out the Willamette Coin Club, you can easily fix that on the third Thursday of every month (such as tomorrow, 10/17, though admittedly a lot of it will be about planning for the show in two weeks so it will not exactly be a representative meeting). The WCC is a registered non-profit with the mission of numismatic education.

We hope to see you there.

If this is in the wrong forum, and it gets moved, sorry, my bad.

Just a reminder that this happens starting today, Friday, 11/1/19. If you're in the area, come join us.