• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this? Should I grade it? And if so how would I even list this on the form.

2 posts in this topic

I was looking through my US mint sets and ran across this 2003 Mint set which has a unusual coin in it. It is the 2003 Arkansas state quarter. I have never myself had a coin graded so I am not sure how I would list this on the form, and not even sure they would even grade it or if I should leave it in the factory pack or take it out to send it in. In the words UNITED STATES OF AMERICA the UNI and MERICA are weak with the weakest point going left to right then back to weak.In QUARTER DOLLAR the QU and LL are extremely weak with both AR's showing some weakness. LI in Liberty are extremely weak with heavy weakness also in the B, IN GOD WE TRUST  the E is almost none visible as well as the P mint mark with the last T showing some weakness. If I do grade how would I even start to figure out a value for the coin and how would I list it on the form?  Washington himself even looks like he had a very rough day. Any help would be greatly appreciated

002.jpg

Edited by Stsnley
better photo

Welcome to the Forum Stslney

Photo is pretty dark but it looks like it maybe a partial grease filled die which would not really add too much value to it.

Certainly not worth getting certified as the cost would be way more than the value of the coin.