• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1985 Rosie Dime

5 posts in this topic

I am wondering if anyone can give me advise. I have a 1985 P Rosie Dime that seems like it was double stamped in front. The face of the coin show life it was double pressed? I was wondering if I should have it graded or looked at? I am new to the error coin arena and wanted some advise. This coin is thicker in depth than any other dime I am see. Does anyone have any suggestions here?

85Pdimefront.jpg

85pdimefront2.jpg

Welcome to the Forum Vipster 

Looks to me like MD. It is also either a slightly Misaligned Die or an Off Centre Strike but can't tell for sure as you only show one side of the coin. (This is why you should always show both sides when posting.)

No extra value so not worth getting graded.

It could be the lighting or the pictures, but the lettering and devices look bloated and ill-defined, and the eye and mouth look odd. I am going to throw out two theories, neither of which may be correct, and in doing so, I shall either appear brilliant,:acclaim:  or quite ignorant. ???  ( I will go ahead and admit to the latter, since I really don't know).

I am guessing it is either extreme die wear, or inadequate pressure/ improper spacing of the dies.