• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you tell me how this clash happened?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I have 3 Lincoln's I recently come across with what I consider to be odd clashes. The overlays in Mad Die Clash don't match and I don't see how the could anyways. In this one here, you have what is obviously, at least to me, the bottom of the bust/jacket in the 2nd and 3rd bays as well as what appears to a chin and throat in the 8th and 9th bays. But the two clashes would not be faced in the directions they are here if it were one big clash. Do you see what I'm trying to say?

FB_IMG_1567770579391.jpg

This image matches the two clashes in the bays of your coin, with the exception of the notch-looking area in the third bay. That must be a stain that looks like a notch, or some other anomaly. The bottom of the jacket appearing in bay three would be a near impossibility, I would think, unless it happened when the hammer die was accidentally dropped onto the anvil die during installation. In that case, though, the chin would not also appear in the ninth bay.

image.png.1eed9ea1a9db8fc548be5ec33a017435.png

Edited by Just Bob