• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1990s quarters
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I'd have to agree, except I do see the ear you're referring to and I think it's just damaged. Good looking though. One thing that's important to remember is that any coin you hope to some day make a dollar from the 1st thing a buyer will look at is its condition. Nobody wants a beat up 98 Quarter whether it's made from a Doubled Die or not. Now if it were 100 year old silver coin with a DD then condition may not mean a whole lot but will still matter. I guess my point is that while you're spending time on beat up coins you could ve finding a DD for real. See? Unless you are trying to get the hang of whata DD looks like. In which case I will refer you to error-ref.com because there are at least 8 types of DD's and Mike has put some excellent photos of each on his site.

11 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Not sure where you see the DD but there are no recorded 1998 DD from any Mint.

Keep looking

Even with no DD what about the double ear? I can get a more close up shot if you prefer. Then you can make a decision. I can almost swear it is there.