• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1898 o morgan DDO/DDR

3 posts in this topic

Would this be considered a ddo? There are a few spots on this one that look like it was struck,  rotated and struck again although very light. It also looks like some of the reverse patterns are on the obverse.... could that happen? And not pictured is a huge die crack across almost the entire bottom through the date. The patterns I show are in the same location obverse and revers. Right under Morgan's cap and between the eagles wing and the top of the arrows. 

Screenshot_20190831-023335_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190831-023259_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190831-021731_Gallery.jpg

I don't see any DDO and you don't show a photo of the reverse so I can't say about a DDR.

You do have a small die crack on the date.

See if you can get rid of the white light as it hides some of the detail. It is not necessary to enlarge the photos more than about 10 power. If you can't see something by then, it is too small to have any significances.