• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 high relief 2.5oz liberty medal 99.9 silver

13 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Render222 said:

Also they have a special slab for this medal an gold coin...thanks for your thoughts but i will get it graded

Please don't misunderstand my question. I was not implying that you should not get it graded. By all means, do what you like - it is your medal. I was just curious as to to reason you wanted it graded, and you answered that in your response. To be honest, I thought you might be hoping for a 70, so you could flip it.

So, are you saying that NGC will encapsulate this medal and the gold coin in the same holder?

Nope come on now you no ya cant put coin an medal in same holder...two different ones but same special label an designation It dont matter if there 70 or 66.ronnie got back with me from ngc an filled me in on what i need to do.thanks for your humor..

Edited by Render222

No humor,NGC used to make milti-coin holders.  A holder that held both would not be unbelieveable.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:22 PM, Render222 said:

They only minted 50 thousand an its the largest made by the mint at 2.5oz. 

Maybe the largest silver one made now, but they have made larger medals, some much larger, in the past.

Conder101.ok teach me something if ya dont mind .what was the biggest silver medal the mint ever made ?? That way i no ..thanks for teaching ..also i didnt no ngc put two coin in one holder..

I don't know what the largest silver medal they have made is, but 3 inch bronze medals are commonly made, and back in the 19th century they made some six inch gold medals.  Some of the old large size silver Indian peace medals were in the 3 to 4 inch range.