• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showering Praise on NGC's "Alacrity"

4 posts in this topic

Last week, I dropped of FOUR grading forms at NGC's tables at the ANA WFoM in Rosemont, all moderns, one form non-US. A total of 17 coins. That show ended Saturday, and incidentally, mine was the voice on the PA system announcing the end of the receipt of coins for that show. [Takes bow for the voice in the rafters.] Here's the best part. Here we are only at the following THURSDAY and ALL FOUR forms are already in "Grading/Quality Control". Yes, I know things slow down here, but golly, that is some QUICK WORK, NGC. This is significantly quicker than I am used to seeing. "Good on ye."

By the way, your show staff was, as always, top notch and helpful. Keep them, reward them. They are among NGC's best "ambassadors".

Edited by VKurtB

Okay, now NGC has gone and DONE IT! They posted my grades today for coins I JUST dropped off at the Chicago ANA show 13 DAYS AGO!!!!! You guys, realize, of course, that all you've done is gone and raised my future expectations of you, right? I did not pay extra. They are NOT special coins. I am NO "bigwig". I'm just a "grunt" collector who submits coins DIRECTLY to NGC at shows. Among my 13 coins today are 3 slight (one point or so) disappointments, and "5 OMG, I can't believe they scored THAT high" grades. (5 "70's", but that includes some where I expected a 70.) That leaves 5 about where I expected they'd be. 6 "top pop" coins and 2 of them without a peer at the same grade!!!! Yup, two Population 1, none finer coins! BINGO!!! All three disappointments were 66's that I was aiming for 67's.

Full disclosure - my two "1/0" coins are not the kind of stuff everyone's into. But how many can pull MS67's out of bags the way I can? Not too many. I need to do it now before my eyesight goes to heck.

Thank you NGC.

Edited by VKurtB

Dont get your hopes up. I have done a lot of submissions (some at shows, the rest direct to their Hong Kong office), some got finished in less than 3 weeks, some got finished in almost two months. Unless your submission was part of the "On-site grading", in which they would have done it by the end of the said show.

Cheers

5 hours ago, ilLOminatus said:

Dont get your hopes up. I have done a lot of submissions (some at shows, the rest direct to their Hong Kong office), some got finished in less than 3 weeks, some got finished in almost two months. Unless your submission was part of the "On-site grading", in which they would have done it by the end of the said show.

Cheers

Thanks, but it already has shipped. In under two weeks. It never happened before. Now... this next step, U.S. Registered Mail, could take longer than the grading did.