• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do I need to do exactly to get credit for my Discovery Nickel DDR ?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi. So I have the 2019 P Nickel WDDR-003 attributed to me by Brian Ribar and several people have said that I need to send it in and get it slabbed as a discovery Coin. I don't even know where to begin that process and amywy, why would the company doing the slabbing even believe that I am who I say I am and that the Nickel I send in is even the same nickel? See ? Why didn't Ribar give me this option to have this done? Wouldn't that have been the only way to be sure the Nickel was THE Nickel and I AM me? Even the letter I got is pretty generic compared to some my friend Lenny has from Wexler. So anyway, what do I need to do to get this Discovery thing? Thanks. Sorry for rambling and have a great night.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Since this variety evidently has a Wexler Number I looked for it at John Wexler's website but did not find anything. Do you have a good photo of this variety?

Well I have my photos and then screenshots of the listing on Brian's Variety. Here they are. Of course I can take more photos as required. I actually made a posting in the Newbie Forum here as to whether or not to send it in and another after I got my 'letter' and Nickel back in the mail. That was the 1st I heard of getting it labeled and slabbed as a Discovery. But I contacted Anacs and they didn't seem to know. Thanks for responding.

20190804_013444-2.jpeg

aviary-image-1564634582952-1.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-08-20-14-15-26.png

Screenshot_2019-08-20-14-15-31.png

Edited by KarenHolcomb
Stabbed to slabbed. Auto incorrect.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Thanks for the photos.

While there is clearly something evident in the die, I'm not certain that DDR is the best description of that effect. NGC sees a lot of modern coins having something similar across various series, and these are quite different from the traditional doubled-die varieties seen in coins made before the last 20 years or so.

For the time being this is not a variety NGC would attribute, though that may change if it gets added to the Cherrypickers' Guide down the road.