• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943 p nickel

5 posts in this topic

I need some good advice on nickels.. I've sorted thru my quarters first.. Now it's onto the nickels.. After I get them sorted.. What key dates, anything special that I need to pay attention to.. Thanks... Here is one nickel besides the date.I believe I am missing some info about it.. It's kinda a wide open question.. So I'll take any help with starting on the nickels.. Please n thank u..00000IMG_00000_BURST20190813203734041_COVER.thumb.jpg.b4a75e530fca3dbb6b4d32eeee8662fa.jpg

IMG_20190813_203105.jpg

Not sure exactly what info your looking for but I can tell you what I know.

Your coin contains 35% silver and is known as a War Years Nickel. Starting part way thru 1942 and continuing thru 1943,44 & 45, in order to save Nickel  for the war effort, a composition of Silver, Copper and some Manganese was used in place of Nickel. In order to identify the silver coins, a large MM was used