• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Katrina coins!!!
1 1

7 posts in this topic

They don't look too bad. Ive seen a lot worse. Don't rub on or clean your coins if it can be avoided. Especially ones that don't already look bad from contact with other objects. As long as the coin is well struck without much wear it is potentially valuable.

So long as the folders are dry and not moldy it should be fine. Judging by their appearance I don’t think you’ll have any issues. You may want to pop one out and just make sure the backside of the album looks fine under the coin. 

My nickels are green n corroded...I put them in some mild soap n water..I hope I didn't mess them up... But they look better, not great but I was lucky enough to have them after Katrina so I'm not complaining.. can I do anything to them that won't damaged them

9 hours ago, Lisae228 said:

My nickels are green n corroded...I put them in some mild soap n water..I hope I didn't mess them up... But they look better, not great but I was lucky enough to have them after Katrina so I'm not complaining.. can I do anything to them that won't damaged them

Get yourself an Ultrasonic Cleaner. I just reordered one and haven't recd it yet but several guys here say they are pretty cool. You can also soak them in oil. I had been told Olive oil but then someone said it spoils and hurts the coin. Whatever you do, don't believe the hype about Verdi-gone or whatever it's called. Complete waste of money and it isn't cheap. Imo.