• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes.once posted!

20 posts in this topic

I showed this coin before.I couldn't let go! So hopefully anyone could give some data about this coin.it appears to be stamping over another date coin.well studying the coin,I came across one date 1988 / 1988-2.   Why all these markings,which I don't see any kind abrasion of circulation as what would cause them? So now I found another date of a different coin! Yes.

IMG_20190727_202110.jpg

IMG_20190727_202116.jpg

IMG_20190727_202152.jpg

IMG_20190727_202144.jpg

I was hoping that I was seeing ok lol.if you around the coin surface and rim .the coin seems force of flattening to make room? Gold seems to be in here ! 1782 Ethiopian coin?well if you see under the body of Lincoln.there you will see the date.again let's move to the top of Lincoln head.do you see the stunning gold cap? Every mark that I thought was a bang up mark  was not! Those marks was there already to Me! Going around the the rim edges.do you see the flowing numbers and lettering as well as the difference coin gold medal edging.,then I'm seeing the whole motto around the is blended with two different coin wording.someone .is my eyes that bad?

28 minutes ago, R420coins said:

is my eyes that bad?

Evidently so. Unless there's a Lincoln variation of Haile Selassie or somesuch, this is a US penny that spent some time in a grocery store parking lot, being run over by cars and grocery carts and stepped on by people fresh from blocking the whole aisle with their cart like some stray cow. It is not a rarity, is not special in any way, and is worth 1c. The odds of it containing other than trace amounts of Au (such as maybe four or five atoms that did not smelt out of the copper cladding) rank right up there with my odds of joining the Bill Gaither Gospel Hour--as lead singer.

See all those sharp dings, scrapes, and such? Parking lot. Asphalt, not concrete. The many little rocks in the asphalt cause the abrasions and indentations.

Ok that's cool! So in other words you telling me that you can roll your coin around in the parking lot,then have numbers and lettering added to the coin? Is that what you telling me? 

1 minute ago, R420coins said:

Ok that's cool! So in other words you telling me that you can roll your coin around in the parking lot,then have numbers and lettering added to the coin? Is that what you telling me? 

Yes. It's miraculous. Try it sometime and see how it works!

There are no added letters or numbers, of course. There is brutalized metal.

Ok ! I was ok with somethings,apparently you need to say something since your under tone.seems cocky! Because I want to know why ? That a variety a old mint mark can be use as needed and why not in other issues..wow 

2 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Ok ! I was ok with somethings,apparently you need to say something since your under tone.seems cocky! Because I want to know why ? That a variety a old mint mark can be use as needed and why not in other issues..wow 

I was kidding. There is such a thing as trying to be lighthearted.

Since that isn't appreciated, I'll let someone else help you going forward. Have a good time.

You are fine ! Maybe I don't know how to get my point out.:( .like I can read all I want .I can't understand unless it's hands on.meaning.That's why I ask so many questions.I know this .That's how some are able to get it! So your fine I just wanted to know why if called a parking lot coin.then please tell me what is the making of it becoming or it's past why it became that way.I know I may sound  weird.to most out here! Still I'm learning.we can have fun ,I don't mind,just when people dish it out please be able to take it :)

Oooh Lucy :) got some explaining to do lol .well everyone the weekend is coming to a wrap,hope all had a enjoyable time and peaceful one .because Monday almost is here:)

37 minutes ago, JKK said:

I was kidding. There is such a thing as trying to be lighthearted.

Since that isn't appreciated, I'll let someone else help you going forward. Have a good time.

See I do appreciate it! I don't get if they said it's impossible to happen,why are these things occurring and when the word PMD. Like what holds the Mint liable?' So thank you truly

The letters and numbers that you see in the marks are like the animals and other imaginary things that someone sees in the clouds.They are not real. They just appear to be something that they are not. Your coin is simply badly damaged, and it most likely happened, as JKK has said, when it was run over multiple times in a parking lot. It is not an error. It is damaged.

By the way! Sometimes when you think your questions are not being answered! Well sometimes you must read in between the lines of what's not being said! :-) lol that's 

Shhhh! I'm looking for a little rabbit .lol oooh .JKK :) first good afternoon to you. An now didn't we have a little chat? About calling my coins! parking lot trash coins? Lol ...

Ok for you sir Brain's.Thank you.you know your well appreciated.So I get back to you in a few lol .just messing with everyone and enjoying exchanging information from all of you thank you!.I just like big a kid learning things.So JKK.I love to have fun learning,just give it to me Raw and uncut .:) looking through some 1964 no mint mark.So yes I will return.

38 minutes ago, Ulfvinur2 said:

That is a road rash trash penny. Best thing you can do is spend it 

Yes, this is normally the case, HOWEVER, there is the famous incident of a collector who intentionally kept the worst examples of road rash coins he found over many years, exhibited them at an ANA convention, and won an award for it. You just have to have an "angle" and a "story" behind them.