• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1962 nickel doubling on obverse and reverse

13 posts in this topic

I know this coin has crud ,but I did the best pics I can. There's alot of doubling on both sides of coin. What would be your thoughts. I'm thinking MD but not sure. I looked it up and there was double on reverse of a 1962 that there saying is rare. Idk hmmmm. Tell me if I'm wrong that if there's doubling on both sides it a true DD.

20190726_122621.jpg

20190726_122656.jpg

2 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Hey nice one! On the obverse left field by liberty under the Y.is that a small surface cud? Nice find! :)

No it's just a worn little spot.lol

4 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Oh ok!

And thanks, I just opened a nickel roll and pulled it out. I have my fingers crossed on this one. Hopefully someone in here can help me on this one.

There is a lot of crud between the letters that might be throwing you off but I think you are right with your first assessment, it is MD.

R420coins

is that a small surface cud?

That can't be a cud even if it wasn't a stain. A cud has to involve the rim as it is caused when a piece of the working die breaks off and  a usually smooth chunk of metal appears where where the rim broke off. I'm not criticizing you, just trying to help you understand.

cud.jpg

18 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

There is a lot of crud between the letters that might be throwing you off but I think you are right with your first assessment, it is MD.

R420coins

That can't be a cud even if it wasn't a stain. A cud has to involve the rim as it is caused when a piece of the working die breaks off and  a usually smooth chunk of metal appears where where the rim broke off. I'm not criticizing you, just trying to help you understand.

cud.jpg

Thank you! So what would that be labeled as under  the date? Which looks like a C.?Oh thank you for your reply and help .I'm me don't don't have time for what someone see me as,because if you walk and journey with me.trust me ! It's all good:)

I do this because I can remember running down the platform to The M to get L train next stop pound place.always in a rush even your days are just no time for nothing! I found my interests,so I stop and smell the roses now .meaning I take pride in picking up a coins or buying banks pre rolls . Yes! The most great thing is I keep money now ,so please! From my tri state .then as quickly as I make a $ just the taxes want half lol. So yeah .if I should be judged,then it feel good to in my room and there's money every where! No! I'm not rich.yet ! Rich in self being me :) oh yes that kush! :)lol .anyway.I'm learning things like this is definitely different to me.or even when sometimes I would be in Camden Nj. To see the tollboth ,to only be feet away from another state.So no I didn't have time to learn things as of now.So thank you all !