• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

93d 98d 99d dimes

7 posts in this topic

Was told these three particular dimes had value as long as they have full bands and or full torch. Is this true? Very difficult to get pics of reverse of a dime with what I have to work with. This is what i came up with.

20190724_230047.jpg

Sorry, but can't tell anything from those photos. What you need is a close-up of the torch on each one.

To help you though, it is the Mercury dimes that have a lot of value for FT ($1,000 and up) although Roosevelts do have a premium. The criteria for a FT is that it be in mint condition with the bands showing no marks, cuts or separations in the two bands. I have enclosed a photo of what a FT looks like. If you have one that looks like this, then you have a winner.

Full band Dime.jpg

Just for the sake of clarity: NGC not only requires the horizontal bands to be split, but also, the vertical torch lines must be " defined without major interruptions."

They will also give this designation to circulated coins.

I am not sure what PCGS's requirements are.

Thanks for that Just Bob-

I always just went by PCGS who seem to have a different standard.

This is from their website and there is no mention about the vertical lines.

The PCGS "Full Bands" designation for Roosevelts requires that both the upper and lower pair of bands on the torch be distinct and show full separation. The line dividing the bands must be complete and unbroken.

NGC is also stricter when it comes to Full Bell Lines on Franklin halves. They require both the upper and the lower lines to be full, whereas PCGS only requires it of the lower. I like that about NGC.