• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trivia Question that Coin-beast is NOW allowed to answer (Seated coinage)

7 posts in this topic

Because Coin-beast would find this question too easy, and because he's a poopy-head for saying my questions are too hard, I exclude from this trivia question... wink.gif

Name all circulation-strike dates/mints in any series covered by the LSCC whose total known population is between 1 and 12.

EVP

OK, now that I have been allowed to answer smile.gif

Off the top of my head, no cheating or looking at books.........

Half dimes - 1870-S

Dimes - 1873-CC No Arrows

Quarters - 1873-CC No Arrows

Halves - 1853-O No Arrows

Dollars - 1870-S

Trade Dollars - 1884, 1885

Correct, except for the TD's. The question specifically called for circulation-strike specimens. Otherwise, I think you'd have to include the '75-S 20c BMP as well as a large number of early date proofs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the '76-CC 20c is excluded because there's about 2 dozen or so specimens extant -- right?

EVP

Right, I forgot about the circulation strikes only part.....yes, there are a ton of early proofs, nearly full date runs in most of the series, I believe. I guess we'll find out for sure if/when the Kaufmann early proofs go up for auction.

Correct, I think the population on the 76-CC 20c is 20 or 24 coins.