• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994-FS SMS

3 posts in this topic

First of all I would like to thank all of you who have had an opinion on my 1975 Lincoln. My new question I have for you is that I had sent my 1994-P SMS in for grading and even though I didn't pay an additional charge for attribution it came back a SP68 with a Minor Error- Partial Collar Strike. My question to you all is I don't see this on the coin and is this not a very common error for this coin. Is it possible for you to point it out to me.  I can't seem to find anything on it out there. Thanks guys 

IMG_20190711_063523043.jpg

IMG_20190711_063523043.jpg

Thu Jul 11 06-46-21.jpg

When they say "Partial Collar Strike", they are referring to the collar die that forms the rim during the striking of the coin not Jefferson's collar. .Being in a holder, you might not be able to see it, but there must be an error on the side of the rim where the collar has only struck part of the rim leaving the other part untouched.

Edited by Greenstang
Add copy