• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1909 VDB Wheat Cent

9 posts in this topic

Hi Xstatic,

That's a pretty good find from a random jar of Wheat Cents.  Do you have a question on it?

Thank you for the clarification.  It is very helpful.  In looking at your coin, I'm stumped on the grade a bit.  The obverse I'd call Good 4 at best, but the reverse looks VG 8.  I wish split grades were still a thing.....but let's call it Good 6, go middle ground.  In Good, NGC's price guide gives a value of $8.50. 

Also I have a 19 twenty something that Greenstang thinks looks like a 1922 but he wasn't sure. The last digit is obscure and it doesn't appear to have a mint mark. It came out of the same jar from my grandmother.

1920 something wheatie.jpg

20190709_211613-2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Xstatic13 said:

Thanks for your last reply also Mohawk

You're very welcome on the 1909 VDB.  However, the second cent I'm not going to touch....I have no idea on the last digit of the date, so I'm not confident saying anything aside from what you already know....it's a Wheat Cent from the 1920's.  Do you have a local coin dealer near you?  It may be easier for someone to discern a last digit in person, so that may be a route to take. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but a 1922 with no mint mark is a big money coin and I'm not comfortable saying that coin is one based on the evidence provided. 

~Tom

2 minutes ago, Xstatic13 said:

Thanks for all of your help, I will take it to my local coin place.

That's a solid plan.  I'm hoping that they can help you.....and good luck!  It may be something really good!